Kanitkar, Tejal , and Jayaraman T. 2019. “Equity in Long-Term Mitigation”. In India in a Warming World: Integrating Climate Change and Development, India in a Warming World: Integrating Climate Change and Development, Oxford University Press. https://global.oup.com/academic/product/india-in-a-warming-world-9780199498734?cc=id&lang=en&.
Kanitkar, Tejal . 2020. An Integrated Framework for Energy-Economy-Emissions Modeling: A Case Study of India. Springer. https://www.springer.com/in/book/9783030182625.
Kanitkar, Tejal , Sudha Mahalingam, and Srikanth R. 2020. “Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2020: Inviting a Bigger Crisis”. Economic and Political Weekly 55(41): 40-45.
Kanitkar, Tejal , Rangan Banerjee, and Jayaraman T. 2019. “An Integrated Modeling Framework for Energy Economy and Emissions Modeling: A Case for India”. Energy 167(C): 670-679. https://ideas.repec.org/a/eee/energy/v167y2019icp670-679.html.
Kanitkar, Tejal , Nikhil Thejesh, and R Srikanth. 2020. Optimal Electricity Mix for the Southern Region: Summary Report of NIAS – MOES Workshop 17th January 2020 (NIAS/NSE/EEP/U/WR/07/2020). Bengaluru: National Institute of Advanced Studies.
R, RamaKumar , and Tejal Kanitkar. 2020. “Impact of the Covid 19 Pandemic on the Indian Economy: A Critical Assessment (NIAS/NSE/EEP/U/WP/18/2020)”.
Co-developed a Master’s Program in Climate Change and Sustainability Studies at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences
The M.A/M.Sc. Program in Climate Change and Sustainability Studies was launched in 2012. It is a unique program designed to equip students to understand and address the intertwined challenges of environmental protection and development in an inter-disciplinary manner. The particular focus is climate change.
Developed a Master’s Program, Post-Graduate Diploma Program and Certificate Course in Climate Change and Sustainability Studies for the BRICS University, In 2017
I was responsible for developing a similar program but in three different formats, to be offered as part of the BRICS University initiative of the Government of India. A two year graduate degree program, a one year post-graduate diploma program, and a 1 month certificate course, all oriented towards national and international students from BRICS countries was developed.
The Centre for Policy Research and the International Energy Agency invite you to a discussion on
Unpacking the IEA’s India Energy Outlook 2021:
The sectoral transitions underpinning long-term scenarios
Presentation on the India Energy Outlook 2021by:
Tim Gould – Head of Division, Energy Supply and Investment Outlooks, International Energy Agency
Comments by Representative, MoEFCC(invited)
Ajay Shankar – Distinguished Fellow, The Energy and Resources Institute
Tejal Kanitkar – Associate Professor, National Institute of Advanced Sciences
Navroz K. Dubash – Professor, CPR and Coordinator, CPR Initiative on Climate, Energy and Environment
Thursday, March 18, 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. IST
India and the Paris Agreement: Concerns and a Possible Way Forward (2018), TIFR, Mumbai
- Jayaraman.T & Tejal Kanitkar, "Deconstructing declarations of carbon-neutrality", The Hindu, 8 April 2021
- Tauseef Shahidi, "Why privatization push in power isn’t needed", Mint, 5 November 2020
- Tejal Kanitkar, "Is India Concerned About it’s Energy Security?", The India Forum, 25 September 2020
- Tejal Kanitkar, "Power Play", Frontline, 17 July 2020
- Aravindhan Nagarajan & Tejal Kanitkar, "Slowdown not the answer to clean air", Frontline, 19 June 2020
- Tejal Kanitkar and Aravindhan Nagarajan,"No the lockdown is not a green moment", The Hindu, 22 May 2020
- Sudha Mahalingam, Tejal Kanitkar, and R Srikanth, "A jolt to national energy security", The Hindu, 19 May 2020
- Jayaraman T & Tejal Kanitkar, "A Time for Extraordinary Action", The Hindu, 10 April 2020
- Tejal Kanitkar, "Why India's Covid-19 Package is Grossly Inadequate", News Click, 2 April 2020
- "Story of COP25: Climate Ambition in the Face of Climate Inaction" News Click,17 December 2019
- "Energy Storage Options for a Renewable Intensive Future" News Click, 1 October 2019
- "Modi’s 450 GW Renewable Energy: Who Will Foot the Bill?" News Click, 26 September 2019
- "Climate Strike on September 20: What Does and Should it Mean for Indian Scientists?" News Click,17 September 2019
- Is Gender-Just Climate Action Possible Without Equity? Appeared on 26 December 2018 in Newsclick
- COP24: Developed Nations Continue to Dictate Terms of Global Climate Action. Appeared on 16 December 2018 in Newsclick
- The Paris Agreement, COP-23, and Equity Going Forward. Appeared on 7 December 2017 in Newsclick
- Mike Pence: America's GDP Growth Trumps Climate Needs. Appeared on 24 June 2017 in Newsclick
- WTO: Trade Trumps a Sustainable World. Appeared on 29 February 2016 in Newsclick
- The Habit of Scientific Temper. Appeared on 7 January 2018 in The Asian Age
- A Breakdown of India’s National Energy Policy, Appeared on 22 January 2018 in Newsclick
- Scientific Temper Teaches Questioning, Appeared on 1 February 2018 in National Herald