Conflict and Security Studies
Dean: Prof Rajaram Nagappa
This new School has come into being in May 2016 and will cover research in areas related to conflict resolution, strategy and security issues. Programmes of the School focus on major conflicts that affect India or have the potential to do so; and international strategic and geopolitical issues that have bearing on India’s national security.
Raj, B., Van de Voorde, M. & Mahajan, Y., 2017. Nanotechnology for Energy Sustainability (3 Vol set), Wiley-VCH. Available at: http://as.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-3527340149.html.
Mayilvaganan, M., 2017. India, Sri Lanka and Maldives: Shared Commonality yet Challenges to Sub-regional Cooperation. In Sub-Regional Cooperation in South Asia: India, Sri Lanka and Maldives. Sub-Regional Cooperation in South Asia: India, Sri Lanka and Maldives. Vij Books. Available at: http://www.vijbooks.com/bookdetails/669/Sub-regional-Cooperation-in-South-Asia:-India,-Sri-Lanka-and-Maldives.
Mukund, R., R, S.Murthi K. & MYS, P., 2017. The Decision for Indian Human Spaceflight Programme-Political Perspectives, National Relevance and Technological Challenges. In 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 25-29 September . Adelaide: International Astronautical Federation (IAF). Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1359/.
Yuichiro, N. et al., 2017. Assessment of Space Programs and Policies for Regional Cooperation in the Asia Pacific Region. In 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 25-29 September . Adelaide: International Astronautical Federation (IAF). Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1358/.
Mukund, R., KR, S.Murthi & Baldev, R., 2017. Future Indian Space-Risk Assessment and Organisational Structuring. In 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 25-29 September. Adelaide: International Astronautical Federation (IAF). Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1361/.
R, S.Murthi K. & Mukund, R., 2017. Demand Assessment of RS and GI in India-Opportunities for Industry Services. In 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 25-29 September. Adelaide: International Astronautical Federation (IAF). Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1360/.
Suba Chandran, D., 2017. 70 Years After Independence: Can India and Pakistan Live in Peace. Salute To The Indian Soldier, 9(11). Available at: http://www.salute.co.in/70-years-after-independence-can-india-and-pakistan-live-in-peace/.
Behera, A., 2017. Development as a Source of Conflict: The Sahukars, Displaced People and the Maoists in Koraput. The Round Table: The Commonwealth Journal of International Affairs.
Suba Chandran, D., 2017. NIAS Strategic Forecast, "Military Courts in Pakistan: Will they return? What are the implications?",
Mayilvaganan, M., 2016. Chinese New Maritime Silk Route Initiative: Opportunity or Threat for India?. In Sino-Indian Relations: Contemporary Perspective. Sino-Indian Relations: Contemporary Perspective. Centre for Indian Ocean Studies; Allied Publishers, pp. 67-81. Available at: https://books.google.co.in/books?id=Ddh3DAAAQBAJ&dq=Sino-Indian+Relations:+Contemporary+Perspective&source=gbs_navlinks_s.
Suba Chandran, D., 2016. "J&K: Multiple Doors, but Delhi holds the Key". , 40. Available at: http://www.thebookreviewindia.org/issues/the-book-review/225.html.
P, S.Hari, 2016. Book Review: Networks of rebellion: Explaining insurgent cohesion and collapse by Paul Staniland . , 10, pp.97–101. Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1133/.
Chandrashekar, S. & Sundaresan, L., 2016. India's Rare Earths Industry: A Case of Missed Opportunities. Economic and Political Weekly, LI(3), pp.27-33. Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/948/.
Panneerselvam, P., 2016. Restructuring Indian Defence Industry: Enhancing the Role of the Private Sector. Aerospace Power CAPS Issue Brief, 114, pp.1-4. Available at: http://capsindia.org/files/documents/CAPS_IB_15-Feb-2016.pdf.
- 1 of 9
- Building Bridges: Assessing Opportunities, Challenges, and the Role of India in Myanmar
- China's Space Capability
- Chinese Nuclear Strategy
- A Space Strategy for India
- India in the Chinese Media
- Assessment of China’s Cruise and Ballistic Missile Programme
- Security of Nuclear Assets
- Science and Technology Dimensions of National Security
- Evolution of Solid Propellant Rockets in India
- Department of War Studies, King’s College, London
- Program in Science, Technology and Society, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Boston
- Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies, New Delhi
- Center for Air Power Studies, New Delhi.
- 31 Aug 2017 ISSSP Discussion: "India and US: Converting the Defence Relations into a Strategic Partnership" (Speaker:Prof Amit Gupta, USAF Air War College, Alabama, USA), NIAS Lecture Hall, 1030hrs
- 24 Aug 2017 NIAS-Christ University Workshop: "Nuclear India: Revisiting Issues, Challenges and Threats", Christ University, Bangalore, 0930-1500 hrs
- 10 Aug 2017 NIAS Lecture: 'Recognising India's opportunity in the Neighbourhood: Challenges and Prospects' by Dr. Sreeradha Datta , Conference Hall 2, NIAS, 1100hrs
- 19 Jul 2017 NIAS Wednesday Discussion: "Political Inequality and Political Violence: Indian State and the Maoist Conflict" by Anshuman Behera, Lecture Hall, NIAS, 0930 hrs
- 30 May 2017 NIAS Lecture: L’affaire Human Shield – What Does It Signfy? by Lt Gen Prakash Menon (Retd.), Lecture Hall, NIAS, 1130hrs
- 18 Jan 2017 NIAS Wednesday Discussion: "India's Maritime Strategy," by Vice Admiral R N Ganesh, " JRD Tata Auditorium, NIAS, 0930 hrs
- 9 Nov 2016 NIAS Wednesday Discussion: “Japanese Realpolitik: Nuclear Politics in South Asia” by Prakash Panneerselvam, Lecture hall, 0930 hrs
- 28 Sep 2016 NIAS Book Release: Not War, Not Peace? Motivating Pakistan to Prevent Cross-Border Terrorism by George Perkovich and Toby Dalton, Conference hall 2, 1530 hrs
- 5 Jul 2016 NIAS Public Lecture: 'India and the Nuclear Suppliers Group' by Dr. N Ramamoorthy
- 29 Jun 2016 NIAS Discussion Meeting: “Fishing Conflicts In The Palk Bay: Are the Indian Fishermen 'Carefully Careless'?”