Conflict and Security Studies
Dean: Prof D Suba Chandran
This new School has come into being in May 2016 and will cover research in areas related to conflict resolution, strategy and security issues. Programmes of the School focus on major conflicts that affect India or have the potential to do so; and international strategic and geopolitical issues that have bearing on India’s national security.
Baby, D. & Rajan, P.M.Soundar, 2019. Assessment of Air Power in India and China (Report No: NIAS/CSS/ISSSP/U/RP/067/2019), Bengaluru: NIAS.
Sunil, A. & Rajan, P.M.Soundar, 2019. The Safety of Digital Democracy (Report No: NIAS/CSS/ISSSP/U/RP/068/2019), Bengaluru: NIAS.
Pani, N. & Behera, A., 2018. On the ‘why’ of Indian politics. In Reasoning Indian Politics: Philosopher Politicians to Politicians Seeking Philosophy. Reasoning Indian Politics: Philosopher Politicians to Politicians Seeking Philosophy. London: Routledge, pp. 1-22. Available at: https://www.routledge.com/Reasoning-Indian-Politics-Philosopher-Politicians-to-Politicians-Seeking/Pani-Behera/p/book/9781138201835#authorbio.
Behera, A., 2018. From Mao to Maoism: the Indian path. In Reasoning Indian Politics: Philosopher Politicians to Politicians Seeking Philosophy. Reasoning Indian Politics: Philosopher Politicians to Politicians Seeking Philosophy. London: Routledge, pp. 182-204. Available at: https://www.routledge.com/Reasoning-Indian-Politics-Philosopher-Politicians-to-Politicians-Seeking/Pani-Behera/p/book/9781138201835#authorbio.
Suba Chandran, D., 2018. Pakistan: The Sectarian Expense. Faultline, 21.
Bej, S., 2018. Water Security in India Threat Mapping: Impact of Climate Change. Peace and Security Review, 8(17). Available at: http://bipss.org.bd/pdf/Review%207-9-18.pdf.
Behera, A., 2018. The Majoritarian Way to Democracy: The Bodoland Conflict in Assam. Alternatives: Global, Local, Political. Available at: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0304375418757094.
Mukherjee, A., 2018. International Cooperation in Space Technology: an Abstraction with Fuzzy Logic Analysis. ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, 4(5), pp.13-19. Available at: https://www.isprs-ann-photogramm-remote-sens-spatial-inf-sci.net/IV-5/13/2018/.
Sundaresan, L. & Ashok, K., 2018. Uranium constraints in Pakistan: how many nuclear weapons does Pakistan have?. Current Science, 115(6), pp.1042-1048. Available at: http://www.currentscience.ac.in/Volumes/115/06/1042.pdf.
Panneerselvam, P., 2018. Maritime Component of China–Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC): India–China Competition in the Arabian Sea. Maritime Affairs: Journal of the National Maritime Foundation of India, pp.1-13. Available at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09733159.2017.1412577?tab=permissions&scroll=top.
Suba Chandran, D., 2018. Imran, Naya Pakistan and India. Geo Politics, 9(4), pp.68-72. Available at: https://www.magzter.com/article/News/Geopolitics/Imran-Naya-Pakistan-And-India.
Suba Chandran, D., 2018. NIAS Strategic Forecast # 22 "Pakistan Elections 2018: Likely Winners, Runners and Losers", Bengaluru: NIAS.
Suba Chandran, D., 2018. NIAS Strategic Forecast # 21: US-Pakistan Relations: What has changed? What hasn't? And what is unlikely to?, Bengaluru: NIAS.
Raj, B., Van de Voorde, M. & Mahajan, Y., 2017. Nanotechnology for Energy Sustainability (3 Vol set), Wiley-VCH. Available at: http://as.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-3527340149.html.
- 1 of 10
- Building Bridges: Assessing Opportunities, Challenges, and the Role of India in Myanmar
- China's Space Capability
- Chinese Nuclear Strategy
- A Space Strategy for India
- India in the Chinese Media
- Assessment of China’s Cruise and Ballistic Missile Programme
- Security of Nuclear Assets
- Science and Technology Dimensions of National Security
- Evolution of Solid Propellant Rockets in India
- Department of War Studies, King’s College, London
- Program in Science, Technology and Society, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Boston
- Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies, New Delhi
- Center for Air Power Studies, New Delhi.
- 13 Mar 2019 NIAS Wednesday Discussion: “Unmanned Aerial Systems in India’s National Air Space - Some Issues & Concerns" by Dr Srikumar Pullat, 13 March 2019 at 4: 00 PM
- 7 Mar 2019 Public Lecture: "Small satellites and small launchers, a paradigm shift in the occupation of space?" by Dr. Isabelle Sourbès-Verger, 7 March 2019, 02:30 PM, NIAS
- 4 Mar 2019 ISSSP Discussion: "India & Pakistan" (Panelists: Lt Gen Dr Prakash Menon, Air Marshal Bejoy Pandey, Amb Latha Reddy & Prof D. Suba Chandran) 04 March 2019, Monday, 1500 Hrs, NIAS
- 9 Aug 2018 Public Event : Screening "At the Altar of India's Freedom – INA Veterans of Malaysia" a film directed by Ms. Choodie Shivara, Lecture Hall, NIAS, 1600hrs
- 6 Dec 2017 NIAS Public Lecture: “Emerging opportunities & Challenges of Indo-Pacific: The prospects of Japan and India Cooperation” by Prof. Tosh Minohara, Lecture Hall, NIAS, 1500hrs
- 25 Oct 2017 NIAS Wednesday Discussion: "Unmanned Aerial Systems – Kal, Aaj aur Kal" by Srikumar Pullat, Lecture Hall, NIAS, 0930 hrs
- 31 Aug 2017 ISSSP Discussion: "India and US: Converting the Defence Relations into a Strategic Partnership" (Speaker:Prof Amit Gupta, USAF Air War College, Alabama, USA), NIAS Lecture Hall, 1030hrs
- 24 Aug 2017 NIAS-Christ University Workshop: "Nuclear India: Revisiting Issues, Challenges and Threats", Christ University, Bangalore, 0930-1500 hrs
- 10 Aug 2017 NIAS Lecture: 'Recognising India's opportunity in the Neighbourhood: Challenges and Prospects' by Dr. Sreeradha Datta , Conference Hall 2, NIAS, 1100hrs
- 19 Jul 2017 NIAS Wednesday Discussion: "Political Inequality and Political Violence: Indian State and the Maoist Conflict" by Anshuman Behera, Lecture Hall, NIAS, 0930 hrs