Conflict and Security Studies
Dean: Prof D Suba Chandran
This new School has come into being in May 2016 and will cover research in areas related to conflict resolution, strategy and security issues. Programmes of the School focus on major conflicts that affect India or have the potential to do so; and international strategic and geopolitical issues that have bearing on India’s national security.
Mayilvaganan, M., 2017. India, Sri Lanka and Maldives: Shared Commonality yet Challenges to Sub-regional Cooperation. In Sub-Regional Cooperation in South Asia: India, Sri Lanka and Maldives. Sub-Regional Cooperation in South Asia: India, Sri Lanka and Maldives. Vij Books. Available at: http://www.vijbooks.com/bookdetails/669/Sub-regional-Cooperation-in-South-Asia:-India,-Sri-Lanka-and-Maldives.
Mukund, R., KR, S.Murthi & Baldev, R., 2017. Future Indian Space-Risk Assessment and Organisational Structuring. In 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 25-29 September. Adelaide: International Astronautical Federation (IAF). Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1361/.
R, S.Murthi K. & Mukund, R., 2017. Demand Assessment of RS and GI in India-Opportunities for Industry Services. In 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 25-29 September. Adelaide: International Astronautical Federation (IAF). Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1360/.
Mukund, R., R, S.Murthi K. & MYS, P., 2017. The Decision for Indian Human Spaceflight Programme-Political Perspectives, National Relevance and Technological Challenges. In 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 25-29 September . Adelaide: International Astronautical Federation (IAF). Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1359/.
Yuichiro, N. et al., 2017. Assessment of Space Programs and Policies for Regional Cooperation in the Asia Pacific Region. In 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC). 25-29 September . Adelaide: International Astronautical Federation (IAF). Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1358/.
Behera, A., 2017. Development as a Source of Conflict: The Sahukars, Displaced People and the Maoists in Koraput. The Round Table: The Commonwealth Journal of International Affairs.
Suba Chandran, D., 2017. 70 Years After Independence: Can India and Pakistan Live in Peace. Salute To The Indian Soldier, 9(11). Available at: http://www.salute.co.in/70-years-after-independence-can-india-and-pakistan-live-in-peace/.
Suba Chandran, D., 2017. NIAS Strategic Forecast, "Military Courts in Pakistan: Will they return? What are the implications?",
Mayilvaganan, M., 2016. Chinese New Maritime Silk Route Initiative: Opportunity or Threat for India?. In Sino-Indian Relations: Contemporary Perspective. Sino-Indian Relations: Contemporary Perspective. Centre for Indian Ocean Studies; Allied Publishers, pp. 67-81. Available at: https://books.google.co.in/books?id=Ddh3DAAAQBAJ&dq=Sino-Indian+Relations:+Contemporary+Perspective&source=gbs_navlinks_s.
P, S.Hari, 2016. Book Review: Networks of rebellion: Explaining insurgent cohesion and collapse by Paul Staniland . , 10, pp.97–101. Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1133/.
Suba Chandran, D., 2016. "J&K: Multiple Doors, but Delhi holds the Key". , 40. Available at: http://www.thebookreviewindia.org/issues/the-book-review/225.html.
Panneerselvam, P., 2016. Advancing India's relationship with Japan and South Korea: Quest for Middle-Power Cooperation. IPCS Issue Brief, (262), pp.1-15. Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1156/.
Vishwanathan, A., 2016. Iranian Nuclear Agreement: Understanding the Nonproliferation Paradigm. Review of the Middle East, 3 (1), pp.1-20. Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1038/.
- Building Bridges: Assessing Opportunities, Challenges, and the Role of India in Myanmar
- China's Space Capability
- Chinese Nuclear Strategy
- A Space Strategy for India
- India in the Chinese Media
- Assessment of China’s Cruise and Ballistic Missile Programme
- Security of Nuclear Assets
- Science and Technology Dimensions of National Security
- Evolution of Solid Propellant Rockets in India
- Department of War Studies, King’s College, London
- Program in Science, Technology and Society, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Boston
- Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies, New Delhi
- Center for Air Power Studies, New Delhi.
- 30 May 2017 NIAS Lecture: L’affaire Human Shield – What Does It Signfy? by Lt Gen Prakash Menon (Retd.), Lecture Hall, NIAS, 1130hrs
- 18 Jan 2017 NIAS Wednesday Discussion: "India's Maritime Strategy," by Vice Admiral R N Ganesh, " JRD Tata Auditorium, NIAS, 0930 hrs
- 9 Nov 2016 NIAS Wednesday Discussion: “Japanese Realpolitik: Nuclear Politics in South Asia” by Prakash Panneerselvam, Lecture hall, 0930 hrs
- 28 Sep 2016 NIAS Book Release: Not War, Not Peace? Motivating Pakistan to Prevent Cross-Border Terrorism by George Perkovich and Toby Dalton, Conference hall 2, 1530 hrs
- 5 Jul 2016 NIAS Public Lecture: 'India and the Nuclear Suppliers Group' by Dr. N Ramamoorthy
- 29 Jun 2016 NIAS Discussion Meeting: “Fishing Conflicts In The Palk Bay: Are the Indian Fishermen 'Carefully Careless'?”
- 23 Jun 2016 Conflict and Post Conflict Societies in South Asia: Defining “Peace” (A Poli-so-phical Approach) (An interaction with Dr Meenakshi Sundaram, Prof Narendra Pani and Prof Sangeetha Menon). 23 June 2016, Thursday, 1530 hrs
- 15 Jun 2016 NIAS Discussion Meeting: "India and Blue Economy: A Maritime Strategy for Growth"
- 9 Jun 2016 to 10 Jun 2016 ISSSP Conference: Armed Conflict, Peace Audit & Early Warning
- 8 Jun 2016 NIAS Wednesday Discussion Meeting: “Bangladesh and Myanmar: Rise of Radicalism” by Ms. Sourina Bej & Ms. Albertina Nithya B at Lecture Hall, NIAS