Conflict and Security Studies
Dean: Prof Rajaram Nagappa
This new School has come into being in May 2016 and will cover research in areas related to conflict resolution, strategy and security issues. Programmes of the School focus on major conflicts that affect India or have the potential to do so; and international strategic and geopolitical issues that have bearing on India’s national security.
NIAS, , 2016. NIAS Discussions: Risk Assessment and Management: Why should we be concerned?, Bangalore: NIAS.
Suba Chandran, D., 2016. NIAS Strategic Forecast: "LoC, J&K and New Delhi:New Pak COAS & Likely Challenges for India",
NIAS, , 2016. Fire over Water: Issues in the Cauvery Water Conflict,
NIAS, , 2016. NIAS Discussions: Blue Economy: A Maritime Strategy for India’s Growth, Bangalore: NIAS.
NIAS, , 2016. ISSSP Report: "India and the NSG", Bangalore: NIAS.
NIAS, , 2016. NIAS Discussions: Rising Radicalisation in India’s Neighbourhood: Bangladesh and Myanmar, Bangalore: NIAS.
Goswami, P. & Raj, B., 2016. BRICS Science and Technology Enterprise Partnership: Bold, Responsive, Inclusive and Cohesive Solutions for Rapid Transformations, Bangalore: NIAS.
Chandrashekar, S., Ramani, N. & Vishwanathan, A., 2016. Analysis of North Korea’s February 2016 Successful Space Launch, Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1057/.
Sakhuja, V., 2016. NIAS Strategic Forecast 01 / Indian Ocean 2016: Major Trends. Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/id/eprint/1002.
Gupta, A., 2016. NIAS Strategic Forecast 09: "The US Elections: Trump, Hillary & India".
Shankar, V., 2016. NIAS Strategic Forecast 07/ Global Transformations: Four Tectonic Shifts. Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1048/.
Suba Chandran, D., 2016. NIAS Strategic Forecast 04 / Will Pakistan integrate Gilgit Baltistan? And what if ?. Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1018/.
Singh, T., 2016. NIAS Strategic Forecast 06 / China and the Arctic: Evolving Geopolitics. Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1047/.
Mishra, S., 2016. NIAS Strategic Forecast 03 / India and East Asia: Will S&T bring them closer?. Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1009/.
- Building Bridges: Assessing Opportunities, Challenges, and the Role of India in Myanmar
- China's Space Capability
- Chinese Nuclear Strategy
- A Space Strategy for India
- India in the Chinese Media
- Assessment of China’s Cruise and Ballistic Missile Programme
- Security of Nuclear Assets
- Science and Technology Dimensions of National Security
- Evolution of Solid Propellant Rockets in India
- Department of War Studies, King’s College, London
- Program in Science, Technology and Society, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Boston
- Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies, New Delhi
- Center for Air Power Studies, New Delhi.
- 27 Jul 2015 US Middle East Policy
- 20 Jul 2015 to 22 Jul 2015 International Conference on "Myanmar at the Crossroads"
- 4 May 2015 to 7 May 2015 Call for Applications: Global Nuclear Politics and Strategy – Residential Workshop for Young Scholars
- 28 Apr 2015 Energy Security Worldviews in Asia
- 16 Feb 2015 The New World Order and Wars in the 21st Century
- 10 Sep 2014 Pakistan’s Nuclear Developments and India’s Strategy and Doctrine
- 31 Jul 2014 India-Pakistan Relations & The way ahead
- 10 Feb 2014 The Geostrategic Significance of the Arab Spring
- 3 Feb 2014 to 5 Feb 2014 Indo–US workshop on Science and Technology for Countering Terrorism in 2014 and Beyond
- 3 Jan 2014 Pivot or Pirouette: The U.S. Rebalance to Asia