Conflict and Security Studies
Dean: Prof Rajaram Nagappa
This new School has come into being in May 2016 and will cover research in areas related to conflict resolution, strategy and security issues. Programmes of the School focus on major conflicts that affect India or have the potential to do so; and international strategic and geopolitical issues that have bearing on India’s national security.
Suba Chandran, D., 2016. We are like this only. Available at: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/opinion/we-are-like-this-only/article8249300.ece?homepage=true.
Suba Chandran, D., 2016. Modi’s new symphony: The Indian premier’s charm offensive is backed by solid diplomatic homework. The Friday Times. Available at: http://www.thefridaytimes.com/tft/modis-new-symphony/.
Suba Chandran, D., 2016. Return to the Durand Line. Available at: http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/clashes-between-pakistan-and-afghanistan-on-the-torkham-border-crossing/article8816405.ece.
Madan, K., 2016. India's pluralist Islam under siege. Available at: http://thediplomat.com/2016/04/indias-pluralistic-islam-under-seige/.
Chandrashekar, S. & Sundaresan, L., 2016. India's Rare Earths Industry A Case of Missed Opportunities. EPW, 51(3). Available at: http://www.epw.in/journal/2016/3/commentary/indias-rare-earths-industry.html.
Vishwanathan, A., 2016. Aftermath of the North Korean Nuclear Test. Available at: http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Article.aspx?eid=31835&articlexml=17012016014007.
NIAS, , 2016. Fire over Water: Issues in the Cauvery Water Conflict,
NIAS, , 2016. NIAS Discussions: Blue Economy: A Maritime Strategy for India’s Growth, Bangalore: NIAS.
NIAS, , 2016. ISSSP Report: "India and the NSG", Bangalore: NIAS.
NIAS, , 2016. NIAS Discussions: Rising Radicalisation in India’s Neighbourhood: Bangladesh and Myanmar, Bangalore: NIAS.
Goswami, P. & Raj, B., 2016. BRICS Science and Technology Enterprise Partnership: Bold, Responsive, Inclusive and Cohesive Solutions for Rapid Transformations, Bangalore: NIAS.
Chandrashekar, S., Ramani, N. & Vishwanathan, A., 2016. Analysis of North Korea’s February 2016 Successful Space Launch, Available at: http://eprints.nias.res.in/1057/.
- Building Bridges: Assessing Opportunities, Challenges, and the Role of India in Myanmar
- China's Space Capability
- Chinese Nuclear Strategy
- A Space Strategy for India
- India in the Chinese Media
- Assessment of China’s Cruise and Ballistic Missile Programme
- Security of Nuclear Assets
- Science and Technology Dimensions of National Security
- Evolution of Solid Propellant Rockets in India
- Department of War Studies, King’s College, London
- Program in Science, Technology and Society, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Boston
- Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies, New Delhi
- Center for Air Power Studies, New Delhi.
- 25 May 2016 [Wednesday Talk]: "From Mao to Maoism: The Indian Path”
- 9 May 2016 NIAS Public Lecture: "Astropolitics and International Space Governance: Issues and Challenges for the Global Space Community and India"
- 29 Feb 2016 Panel Discussion on 'The Fissile Materials Debate in South Asia' by Prof. R Rajaraman and Dr. L V Krishnan
- 27 Jan 2016 Lecture by Dr. Raj Verma on 'Will China supersede the US?: Distilling facts from fiction'
- 27 Jan 2016 “Future of Air Power in India”
- 5 Jan 2016 China hones its “soft power”
- 4 Nov 2015 Talk: Understanding the Nuclear Agreement with Iran
- 11 Aug 2015 K. Subrahmanyam Memorial Lecture by Ambassador Shyam Saran
- 27 Jul 2015 US Middle East Policy
- 20 Jul 2015 to 22 Jul 2015 International Conference on "Myanmar at the Crossroads"