M. Sai Baba
Dr. M. Sai Baba, Outstanding Scientist and formerly Director, Resources Management Group, Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research(IGCAR), Kalpakkam and Senior Professor, Homi Bhabha National Institute. Joined NIAS as Principal Scientist in the Energy and Environment Research Programme, School of Natural Sciences and Engineering. He is working in the domains of “Energy and Environment”, “Science Communication” and “Education”
Dr. M. Sai Baba has made significant contributions for implementation of several high impact activities of relevance to IGCAR and the Department of Atomic Energy. From being an accomplished researcher in Chemistry, with several important contributions, he made a smooth transition in 2006 to lead the Strategic and Human Resources Planning; a new activity created to meet the growing needs of IGCAR for trained manpower for its mission on fast reactors and associated fuel cycle technologies. This activity has grown under his leadership to become Resources Management Group and he was steering the activities of the group, in the capacity as its Director.
Dr. Sai Babacarried out postdoctoral work at Texas A&M University, USA and at Research Centre, Julich, Germany. He has worked as Guest Scientist at Nuclear Research Centre, Julich, Germany. He has co-authored 55 journal papers and 173 presentations in symposia and conferences. Many of the research papers co-authored by me have won Best Paper Awards.He has authored chapters in two books and edited six books.
As the coordinating Dean and Dean of Student Affairs, he played an important role in the activities of the Homi Bhabha National Institute at IGCAR. He has guided four students towards completion of their Doctoral degrees and seven more students are pursuing their degrees under his guidance.He is a member of Board of Studies of: Chemical Sciences & Applied Systems Analysis, HBNI and School in Physical & Nuclear Chemistry and Chemical Oceanography, Andhra University. He is a Member of several professional bodies.
He was recently has been conferred Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) by Dr MGR University, Education and Research Institute, Chennai.
He is a Member of Editorial and Scientific Committee of the International Journal of Nuclear Knowledge Management published by WONUC.
Dr. M. Sai Baba has delivered several invited talkson various topics which include:Human Resource Development, Technical Writing, Library and information sciences,High Temperature Mass Spectrometry, High Temperature Chemistry and Thermodynamics.
“Self-Motivation for Enhanced Performance” to students and young research scholars, and participants of management training programmes.
Chaired sessions and has been invited speaker at the Nuclear Energy Summits held at Mumbai for the last few years
1. Winner of Prof. Nil Rathan Dhar Prize in Physical Chemistry for the course of Masters in Chemistry, Andhra
2. Conferred Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) by Dr MGR University, Education and Research Institute.
3. DAE Group Achievement Award: Member of the Team that won the award for the contributions to
“Collaborative Research Coordination under BRNS and Outreach Activities for Human Resource Development
4. Fellow of Academy of Sciences, Chennai and Member of the Executive Council
5. Best Paper Awards: Many of the research papers (nine teen) co-authored by me have won Best Paper Awards
6. Life member of several professional bodies
Science and Technology Communication and Risk Communicaiton
Dr. M. Sai Baba has delivered several invited talks (more than 60 in the recent years) in various topics and notable
among them are:
• High Temperature Mass Spectrometry
• High Temperature Chemistry and Thermodynamics
• Human Resource Development
• Technical Writing
• Library and information sciences
• Self-Motivation for Enhanced Performance
• IGCAR and its Mission
• Atomic Energy for Energy security and Enhancement of Quality of Life
• Chaired sessions and has been invited speaker at the Nuclear Energy Summits held at Mumbai for the last few