(a) Refereed Articles & Monographs
1. Rana, S., 2016. “Nomads”, Blackwell Encyclopaedia of Postcolonial Studies. Eds. Sangeeta Ray and Henry Schwarz. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell. Available at http://www.blackwellreference.com/public/tocnode?id=g9781444334982_chunk_g978144433498218_ss1-16
2. Rana, S.,2016. ‘Salvaging a Common Descent and Lineage Between an Ex- ‘Criminal Tribe’of India and the Present Day Gypsies of Europe: Weaving History / Spinning Tales on the Boundaries of 'Civilisation' in ‘Tribes and Castes of India, Jaipur: Rawat Publications. (Forthcoming)
3. Rana, S., 2015. ‘Ramblings and Rigmaroles of an Anthropophagi: Journey Chronotropes from the Margins (Patna) to the Metropole (New Delhi)’, ISA eSymposium, Issue 3, (5), 2015, Sage. Available at http://www.sagepub.net/isa/resources/ebulletin_pdf/EBul-Rana-Dec2015.pdf
4. Rana, S., 2015. ‘For whom the wedding bells don’t chime: A DNT called the Nat’, in IIAS The Newsletter, Leiden, Issue 71. Pp., 8-9. Available at https://issuu.com/iias/docs/iias_nl71_full
5. Kumar, A., Rana, S., Das, A., 2015. ‘A Marxian ‘Moment’ in the ‘Theatre of the Oppressed’: Infrapolitics and Making of the 'Naxal Narrative’ in South-Eastern Uttar Pradesh,’Transcience: A Journal of Global Studies, Issue I, (6), ISSN 2191-1150. Available athttp://www2.hu-berlin.de/transcience/Vol6_No1_2015_33_59.pdf
6. Rana, S., 2012. ‘A Comparative Study of the Representation of ‘Female’ in Amrita Sher-Gill and Francis Newton Souza’s Works’ inLiterophile, Issue I, (5), ISSN 2347-3681. Available at http://www.literophile.org/Index.php?tag=issue-1-vol-5&paged=2
7. Rana, S., 2011. ‘Nomadism, Ambulation and the ‘Empire’: Contextualising the Criminal Tribes Act XXVII of 1871,’ in Transcience: A Journal of Global Studies, Issue 2, (2), ISSN 2191-1150. Available athttp://www2.hu-berlin.de/transcience/Vol2_Issue2_2011_1_22.pdfArticle cited in the Supreme Court Petition filed against Article 377 in the case pertaining to Suresh Kumar Kaushal and Another (Petitioners) vs. Naz Foundation and Others (Respondents) http://orinam.net/377/wp content/uploads/2013/12/SC_VoicesAgainst377_WrittenSubmissions.pdf
8. Rana, S., 2011. ‘Public Women and Prostitution in 19th Century British India,’ Issue of Race, Sex, Class and Gender during the ‘Limited Raj’, SWS-SRTT Occasional Paper No. 13, SWS, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal.
9. Rana, S., 2010. ‘Born to be Damned: The Colonial Construction of Criminal Castes and Tribes in India’ in Practicing Anthropology in Development Processes: New Perspectives for a Radical Anthropology, Eds. Floriana Ciccodicola and Paolo Palmeri, Roma: University of Roma Sapienza, MAE, Roma: Nuova Cultura.
10. Rana, S., Medard, D., Pasquetti, L., Pathoummalangsy, S., Phanthavong, T., 2010. “India Beyond India: Perception of the Socio-Cultural Identity of the Indian Migrants living in the City of Rome, Italy”, in Immigrants in Rome, Eds. Paolo Palmeri, Roma: Universita di Roma.
11. Rana, S., 2010. ‘Commodified Beings and Tradeable Bodies: Human Trafficking along the Indo-Nepal Border,’ Nepali Journal of Contemporary Studies, 10(1). Available online at nccs.org.np
12. Rana, S., 2010. ‘Land, Caste and Tribal Imbroglio: A Case Study of Naxalism in South Eastern Uttar Pradesh,’ In Discourses on Naxalite Movement 1967-2009, Ed. Pradeep Basu. Kolkata: Setu Prakashani.
(b) Book Reviews
1. 2016. Gert Holmgaard Nielson’s Walking A Tightrope: Defending Human Rights in China, NIAS PRESS: Asian Insights, No. 6, 2014. (Under Review).
- 2016. Kaushik Roy’s War and Society in Afghanistan: From the Mughals to the Americans, 1500-2013, 2015. New Delhi: Oxford University Press. (Under Review)
- 2016. Kai Chen’s Comparative Study of Child Soldiering on Myanmar-China Border: Evolutions, Challenges and Countermeasures, Singapore: Springer, 2014, Journal of Refugee Studies. Oxford.
- 2016. Quayson, Ato and Girish Daswani’s A Companion to Diaspora and Transnationalism, West Sussex, UK, Wiley-Blackwell, 2013. Diaspora Studies, Taylor and Francis.
- 2015. Fahmibang, Pratap et al, The Reality of Corporate Social Responsibility: Case Studies on the Impact of CSR on Workers in China, South Korea, India and Indonesia, 2012, Hong Kong: Asia Monitor Resource Centre, Asian Labour Review, Hong Kong, Vol. 1: 115-124.
- 2015. Jean Luc Domenach’s ‘China’s Uncertain Future,’ Translated by George Holoch. New York: Columbia University Press. China Report. Sage Publications, Vol. 51(3): 275-278.
- 2015. Kai Chen’s ‘Comparative Study of Child Soldiering on Myanmar-China Border: Evolutions, Challenges and Countermeasures’, Singapore: Springer, 2014, China Report, Sage Publications, Vol. 51(1): 79-83.
8. 2014. Balmurli Natarajan’s ‘The Culturalization of Caste in India: Identity and Inequality in a Multicultural Age’, Routledge, Asian Journal of Social Science, Brill, 42:184-186.
(c) Reports & Background Papers
1. 2016. Rana, S., et al. BCIM-EC Joint Study Group Report (2014-15). Ministry of External Affairs and Institute of Chinese Studies. (Forthcoming)
2. 2014. Rana, S., ‘Gender Based Violence in the North East and Its Impact on Social and Human Development in the Region’, Background Paper, Delhi: Institute of Chinese Studies.
3. 2014. Rana, S., ‘Poverty Alleviation and Challenges of Inclusive Development in the North Eastern Region’, Background Paper, Delhi: Institute of Chinese Studies.
4. 2014. Rana S., ‘Trafficking on India-Bangladesh Border Region: Population, Poverty and Porous Border’, Background Paper, Delhi: Institute of Chinese Studies.