Pursuits of Prof Baldev Raj in basic science and applications with multi and interdisciplinary approaches and teams have found expressions of merit in materials science and technologies, cultural heritage, medical technologies and policies. He has provided unique interpretations and solutions to challenges in energy, water, healthcare, manufacturing and national strategic unsolvables in a large measure, with clear impact, distinctions and awards. He is acclaimed for his contributions to Science and Technology of measurements and Sodium Fast Reactors and Associated Fuel Cycle.
Prof Baldev Raj is known for overcoming the barriers of academic research and industry with acumens of leadership and experiences. His work on non-destructive evaluation, different aspects of materials (welding corrosion, mechanics), nuclear systems science and technology, ferrofluids and sensors has earned for him to be among the national and world leaders by virtue of his 1300 plus publications, 80 plus books, 100 plus articles in encyclopedia and handbooks, technologies, patents, standards, etc.
Prof Baldev Raj has been selected for eminent positions, as evidenced by awards, fellowships of all the four academies of Sciences and Engineering in the country, International Nuclear Energy Academy, Institute of Directors, Indian Academy of Social Sciences, Academy of NDT International, American Society of Metals, German Academy of Science, The World Academy of Sciences etc. etc.. He is Honorary Fellow of International Medical Sciences Academy, Indian Institute of Metals, Indian Society of NDT, Indian Institute of Welding International Committee on NDT etc. With invitations for about 500 plenary, keynote, invited speeches; Chairs and Members of some of the most eminent Committees, Councils and Bodies in the country and more than 30 countries worldwide, he has steered several large high impact collaborative programmes with almost all important countries in the world. His contributions to science policy and science diplomacy are recognized worldwide. He has been honored with Homi Bhabha Gold Medal; H K Firodia Award; Om Prakash Bhasin Award; Vasvik Award, National Metallurgist Award; Lifetime Achievement Award of Indian Nuclear Society, Distinguished Material Scientist Award; Padma Shri; Distinguished Alumni of Indian Institute of Science, among many other distinct honors.
Prof Baldev Raj has a passion for interacting with students and young professionals for mutual inspirations and service to society.
Recent Honours and Distinctions
- Member, VIBHA-DST Science Indian Portal, 21st Sept. 2017
- Academia Member, Working group on Development Agenda for S&T Sector-2022, NITI Aayog, Govt. of India, New Delhi, 20th Sept. 2017
- Co-Chair, Advisory Board of Centre for Spatial Analytics and Advanced GIS (C_SAG), NIAS, 28 August 2017
- Chairman, National Panel for the formulation of the Technology – led Innovation Policy , Policy Research & Planning & coordination & Performance management, DST, Ministry of S&T, New Delhi, 25 August 2017
- Co-Chairman, Search-cum-Selection Expert Committee (SSEC) for the ‘Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship, Science and Engineering Research Board, New Delhi, 21 August 2017
- Honorary Fellow, Australian Institute of High Energetic Materials, Australia, 8 August 2017
Member, External Peer Review committee of IISER Mohali nominated by Hon’ble HRD Minister, 4 August 2017
- Honoured with Gujar Mal Modi Award 2017 for Innovative Science and Technology by Gujar Mal Modi Science Foundation, New Delhi, 9 August 2017
- Honoured with the degree of “Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa)” in recognition of the outstanding contributions in the field of Science and Technology, Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology, Shibpur, Kolkata on 4 March 2017
- Alternate Chairman, Constitution of a Committee to review the compensation package of Chairman, Recruitment and Assessment Board (RAB), Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi , March 2017
- Chancellor & Chairperson of the Board of Governors of the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (ACSIR), CSIR, New Delhi, appointed by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India & President Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Chairman of the Eminent Apex Committee of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) to recommend transformations and improvements for meeting and enhancing the objectives of CSIR
- Chairman of BRICS- Science &Technology Enterprise Partnership (BRICS-STEP) Working Group for the periods of 4 years, appointed by Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- Chairman of BRICS Experts Panel Committee on International Collaborations relating to Advanced Materials, Nanotechnology, Photonics, Astronomy and Astrophysics
Participation in Meetings
- Chaired a Way Forward session on India-ROK Strategic Consultation Forum 2017: Making a Strategic Partnership Special: Defence Production and Aerospace in India-Korea relations at Hotel Le Meridian, Bangalore organized by Embassy in the Republic of Korea with the support of the Institute for Defence and Strategic Analysis (IDSA), National Institute for Advanced Studies (NIAS) , Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, 1st September 2017
- 32nd Meeting of the Expert Advisory Committee of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Energy Centre, Government of India, New Delhi on 6 September 2017.
- Co-Chairman, Meeting of the 7th Karnataka Knowledge Commission ( KJA) Study Group on UAS – Technology, Applications and Policies at Vikasa Soudha, Bengaluru on 7th September 2017. Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) priorities and policies were presented which were accepted by KJA
- Skype meeting of the High Level Expert Committee meeting o the CSIR Award for S&T Innovation for Rural Development (CAIRD) on 8th September 2017
- Chief Guest at the 25th Prof.Brahm Prakash Memorial Materials Quiz 2017 (BPMMQ – 2017) at IGCAR, Kalpakkam Organized by Indian Institute of Metals, Kalpakkam Chapter, 9th September 2017
- Chaired committee for External Peer Review of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research(IISER) Mohali on 11-12 September 2017
- Chaired Rare Earth: Policies and Technologies meeting to finalizing the Committee and their Mandates organized by NITI Aayog, Delhi, 13th September 2017 at NIAS
- Inauguration of the International Conference on CONNECTING CULTURES: Rāmāyaṇa Retellings in South India and Southeast Asia, 14 September 2017 at Reva University organized by Prof. D.S. Achuta Rao Centenary Program and School of Arts and Humanities, REVA University, Bengaluru
- Member, Council of Management and 28th Annual General Body meeting of the JNCASR, Bangalore on 14th September 2017
- Member, Search-cum Selection committee meeting of the Final Interview for the post of Director, Steel Research & Technology Mission of India (SRTMI), Ministry of Steel, GoI, 20th Sep'17 at SAIL, New Delhi-110003
- Co-Chairman of Search -cum- Selection Expert Committee meeting on Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship at INAE Office, Gurgaon organized by DST on 25th September 2017
- Academic Member, First meeting of Working group on Development Agenda for S&T Sector-2022 constituted by NITI Aayog, Govt. of India, New Delhi, 26th Sept. 2017
National Mission on “Advance Manufacturing & Building Cutting Edge Manufacturing Capability” at Central Manufacturing Technology Institute (CMTI), Bangalore, 27 September 2017
- Chairman, Second Project review and monitoring committee meeting of the Centre of Excellence in welding Engineering & Technology, PSG college of Technology, Coimbatore, 1 August 2017
- Member, Ninth Board of Management meeting of the International Centre for Materials Science (ICMS), JNCASR at J. C. Bose Meeting Room, ICMS, JNCASR, Bangalore, 3 August 2017
- Chaired session on “Engineering - An industry perspective” at the INAE Youth Conclave at Birla Institute of Scientific Research, Jaipur organized by Indian National Academy of Engineering during 11-12 August 2017
- Chairman, to review the outcome of the Centre for Knowledge Management of Nano science and Technology (CKMNT) Phase-1 at ARCI, Hyderabad organized by Science and Engineering Research Board, DST, Ministry of S&T, Delhi, 14 August 2017
- Chief Guest at the Prashanti Day Celebrations at the S-VYASA University, Bangalore, 15 August 2017 & delivered talk at a Brain Storming Session “Omkara and Consciousness.
- Chairman, to review the compensation packages of Chairman, CSIR-Recruitment and Assessment Board (RAB) at CSIR Hqrs, Delhi 16 August 2017
- Chairman, Committee to review Policy Research Centres (IIT-Delhi; Panjab Univ., Chandigarh; Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Univ, Lucknow; IISc, Bangalore; Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), Ahmedabad) at Panjab University, Chandigarh organized by Policy Research & Planning & Coordination & Performance Management, DST, Ministry of Science & Technology, New Delhi, 17 August 2017
- Chairman, “Gamma Radiation Plant for Medical Device Reprocessing in Hospitals” at Panjab University, Chandigarh organized by Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, 17 August, 2017
- Chairman, Sub Committee for Technical/Financial recommendation on Hubs being established through Biomedical Device and Technology Development (BDTD) Programme at at Panjab University, Chandigarh organized by Policy Research & Planning & Coordination & Performance Management, DST, Ministry of Science & Technology, New Delhi, 17 August 2017 under the guidance of Secretary, DST, Government of India
- Chairman of the selection Committee of the Administrative Office of JNCASR at JNCASR, Jakkuar Campus, Bangalore, 21 August 2017
- Chairman and evaluate the poster session of the Annual Progress Review Meeting of Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research- A public-private partnership between Science and Engineering Research Board and Confederation of Indian Industry, 22nd August 2017 at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune
- Chairman, The Meeting of Expert Panel for Clean Coal Research and Development (CCord-2017) , at Indian Institute of Technology organized by Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi, 28 August 2017
- Chairman, PAC Meeting in Materials & Engineering Sciences at NIAS organized by Science & Engineering Research Board, DST, Ministry of Science & Technology, New Delhi, 31 August 2017
- Chairman, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research CSIR- Recruitment & Assessment Board (RAB) Advisory Group, New Delhi (2017-2019), 7 June 2017
- Member of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) National Committee on Higher Education (2017-18)
- Member, Committee of Life Time Achievement Award and Outstanding Achievement Award of ISRO Awards Scheme, ISRO, 2 June 2017
- Chairman, Committee for Reviewing the outcome of the Centre for Knowledge Management of Nanoscience & Technology (CKMNT) Phase –I, International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials (ARCI), Hyderabad, 21 June 2017
- Member, Board of Governors, TransDisciplinary University, Bengaluru, May 2017
- Chairman, Committee to Evaluate a Project on Gamma Radiation Plant for Medical Device Reprocessing in Hospitals, DST, GoI, India, May 2017
- Chairman, Committee for Technical/Financial recommendations on Hub proposals under Biomedical Device and Technology Development (BDTD) Programme, Technology Development and Transfer Division, DST, GoI, May 2017
- Chairman, Selection Committee for Selection of Indian Team for participation in 2nd BRICS Young Scientists Conclave to be hosted by China, Ministry of S&T, DST, Delhi
- Member of Indian Ministerial Delegation of the 7th BRICS STI Senior Official Meetings and 5th BRICS STI Ministerial Meeting at Hangzhou China, DST GoI, India, May 2017
- Member and Permanent invitee of the Over Arching Committee for the R&D project on the development of the Advanced Ultra Supercritical technology (AUSC) for thermal power plant, Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, Department of Heavy Industry, Government of India, 11 April 2017
- Chaired Review meeting of “Status of Development of Explosive Detection Technologies” organized by Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India on 6th April 2017 at NIAS
- Chaired meeting of the Director Selection Committee of Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) at New Delhi on 12 April 2017
- Chaired 6th Study Group meeting on “Unmanned Aerial Systems (USA) Technology, Application and Policy” at Vikas Soudha, Bangalore on 13 April 2017
- Chaired Research council meeting of CSIR-Institute of Minerals and Materials Technology (IMMT) at Bhubaneswar on 17 April 2017
- Chaired Review Policy Research Scheme (FY 2017-20) of DST, GoI & prepare an Action Plan and implementation strategies with corrective measures mechanisms & suggested some new initiatives/modalities to be taken for Science Policy in our country, 18 April , 2017 at NIAS
- Chaired Review of Technology Development Programme (FY 2019-2020) of the Major Policies/Programs/Schemes/ Projects (including Flagship Schemes) to prepare an Action plan with corrective measures and monitoring mechanisms of the country organized by Technology Development and Transfer Division, DST, Ministry of S&T, Delhi, 18 April 2017 at NIAS
- Attended as Member; Second Meeting of the Over-Arching Committee of R&D Project for Development of Advanced Ultra Super-Critical (AUSC) Technology for Thermal Power Plants in India under the Chairmanship of the Principal Scientific Adviser, Government of India, Delhi, 3 May 2017
- Chaired NIAS Annual Academic Review Meeting, 4-5 May 2017
- Attended as a Member; Review of International Division Schemes of Department of Science and Technology at JNCASR, 8 May 2017
- Chaired Meeting of the “Indigenization of the various kinds of Steels being used in the Power Sector” organized by Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India, NIAS,11 May 2017
- Chaired Director Selection Committee meeting of Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), New Delhi, 15 May 2017
- Attended as Member; Council of Management meeting of Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), 16 May 2017
- Attended as Member; Meeting of the Outcome Review of National Laboratories Scheme of CSIR at CSIR Science Centre, New Delhi, 18 May 2017
- Attended as Member, Brainstorming meeting on “Emerging scenario for Nano-Electronics” under Chairmanship of Dr R Chidambaram, PSA to GoI to take into view, the opinion of experts and stakeholders for the next phase of R & D efforts, including the maintenance of the excellence already achieved, industry interaction and develop a road-map in this important field, 23 May 2017
- Chaired, Review Committee of CSIR Projects under Energy, Environment and Advanced Materials at CSIR Science Centre, Delhi, 24 May 2017
- Attended as Member, Council of Management, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata at Delhi office, 25 May 2017
- Attended as a Member, 31st Meeting of the Expert Advisory Committee, ONGC Energy Centre, 26 May 2017
Raj, Baldev , Marcel Van de Voorde, and Yashwant Mahajan. 2017. Nanotechnology Innovation and Applications Nanotechnology for Energy Sustainability (3 Vol set). Wiley-VCH. http://as.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-3527340149.html.
Raj, Baldev , and Kamachi U Mudali. 2017. Sensor Science and Technology. New Delhi: Narosa Publishers Ltd. http://www.narosa.com/books_display.asp?catgcode=978-81-8487-418-1.
Karthik, V. , K.V. Kasiviswanathan, and Baldev Raj. 2017. Advanced Materials Science and Technology Miniaturized Testing of Engineering Materials. New York: CRC-Press, Taylor and Francis Group. https://www.crcpress.com/Miniaturized-Testing-of-Engineering-Materials/Karthik-Kasiviswanathan-Raj/p/book/9781482263916.
Tiwari, Atul , and Baldev Raj. 2015. Reactions and Mechanisms in Thermal Analysis of Advanced Materials. Wiley Publishers. http://eprints.nias.res.in/906/.
Raj, Baldev , C Rajagopalan, and CV Sundaram. 2000. Where gods come alive: A monograph on the bronze icons of south India. New Delhi: Vigyan Prasar. http://eprints.nias.res.in/39/.
Raj, Baldev , Kamachi U Mudali, John Philip, and Sitaram Dash. 2010. “Nanotechnology in energy technology”. In The Nano-Micro interface: Bridging the micro and nano worlds, The Nano-Micro interface: Bridging the micro and nano worlds, Marcel Van de Van de Voorde, Werner, Matthias , and Fecht, Hans-Jörg . Wiley, 383–404. http://eprints.nias.res.in/790/.
Rao, Mukund , KR Sridhara Murthi, and Baldev Raj. 2016. “Future Indian Space-Perspectives of Game Changers, (IAC-16.E3.3.12)”. In 67th International Astronautical Congress (IAC), 67th International Astronautical Congress (IAC), Guadalajara, Mexico. https://iafastro.directory/iac/paper/id/34914/summary/.
Rao, Mukund , KR Sridhara Murthi, and Baldev Raj. 2015. “Future Indian (New) Space - Contours of a National Space Policy That Positions A New Public-Private Regime”. In 3rd Manfred Lachs International Conference on NewSpace Commercialisation and the Law, 3rd Manfred Lachs International Conference on NewSpace Commercialisation and the Law, , 1–8. http://eprints.nias.res.in/903/.
Nagai, Yuichiro , Mukund Rao, Hideaki Shiroyama, KR Sridhara Murthi, Motoko Uchitomi, and Baldev Raj. 2015. “Policy Analysis: Space Programmes of Japan And India”. In 66th International Astronautical Congress, Jerusalem, Israel, 66th International Astronautical Congress, Jerusalem, Israel, , 1–14. http://eprints.nias.res.in/888/.
Rao, Mukund , KR Sridhara Murthi, and Baldev Raj. 2015. “Indian Space – Towards A “National Eco-System” For Future Space Activities”. In 66th International Astronautical Congress, Jerusalem, Israel, 66th International Astronautical Congress, Jerusalem, Israel, , 1–10. http://eprints.nias.res.in/887/.
Senthil, Sutha , K R Ravi, P Biji, and Baldev Raj. 2017. “Self-Cleaning Coating for Solar Panel Applications”. The Masterbuilder 19(3): 72-76.
Sutha, S , TR Rajendra Kumar, Baldev Raj, and KR Ravi. 2017. “Ultrasonic-assisted fabrication of superhydrophobic ZnO nanowall films”. Bulletin of Materials Science 40(3): 505-511. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12034-017-1385-1.
Sutha, S , R TRajendra Kumar, Baldev Raj, and R Ravi. 2017. “Ultrasonic-assisted fabrication of superhydrophobic ZnO nanowall films”. Bulletin of Materials Science 40(3): 505-511. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12034-017-1385-1.
Delanthabettu, S , M Menaka, B Venkatraman, and Baldev Raj. 2015. “Defect depth quantification using lock-in thermography”. Quantitative InfraRed Thermography Journal 12: 37–52. http://eprints.nias.res.in/730/.
Sarwat, Syed Ghazi, M Ramya, Prince Sabahut Ali, Baldev Raj, and KR Ravi. 2015. “A new thermodynamic parameter GCE for identification of glass forming compositions”. Journal of Alloys and Compounds 627: 337–343. http://eprints.nias.res.in/665/.
Natarajan, R , and Baldev Raj. 2015. “Technology development of fast reactor fuel reprocessing in India”. Current Science 108: 30–38. http://eprints.nias.res.in/736/.
Stork, Derek , Pietro Agostini, Jean-Louis Boutard, Derek Buckthorpe, Eberhard Diegele, Sergei L Dudarev, Colin English, Gianfranco Federici, Mark R Gilbert, Sehila Gonzalez, Angel Ibarra, Christian Linsmeier, Antonella Li Puma, Gabriel Marbach, Lee W Packer, Baldev Raj, Michael Rieth, Min Quang Tran, David J Ward, and Steven J Zinkle. 2014. “Materials R&D for a timely DEMO: Key findings and recommendationsof the EU Roadmap Materials Assessment Group”. Fusion Engineering and Design 89: 1586–1594. http://eprints.nias.res.in/671/.
Sinha, NK , and Baldev Raj. 2014. “Leakage limits for inflatable seals of sodium cooled fast breeder reactor”. Nuclear Engineering and Design 266: 194–198. http://eprints.nias.res.in/744/.
Raj, Baldev , Wilfried Aulbur, Mahesh Kodumudi, Rajabahadur V Arcot, K Jayaraman, and Arvind Goel. 2014. “The next growth story: Experts predict 2015 entails for Indian manufacturers”. Manufacturing Today 4: 48–52. http://eprints.nias.res.in/642/.
Srikanth, R , and Baldev Raj. 2016. “Industrial smoke levels are rising rapidly. Does India have a combat plan?”. The Indian Economist.
Srikanth, R , and Baldev Raj. 2016. “Coal can choke your breath or light your house. What will India choose?”. The Indian Economist.
Binoy, VV , Chidambaran G Iyer, Lalith Mohan Patnaik, and Baldev Raj. 2016. NIAS Report Science, technology and Indian society: An anthology of perspectives. Bangalore: NIAS. http://eprints.nias.res.in/1129/.
Goswami, P. , and Baldev Raj. 2016. BRICS Science and Technology Enterprise Partnership: Bold, Responsive, Inclusive and Cohesive Solutions for Rapid Transformations. Bangalore: NIAS.
Kadusrinivas Rao, Mukund , VS Ramamurthy, and Baldev Raj. 2015. Standards, Spatial Framework and Technologies for National GIS. Bangalore: National Institute of Advanced Studies. http://eprints.nias.res.in/748/.
- Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) – Technologies, Applications and Policies (Strategy For Karnataka): Frontiers of Science, Technology with IMPACT on Society by B V Naidu, Mukund Rao, Baldev Raj & Team Members of KJA STUDY GROUP SG-UAS to Chairman and Members of KJA, 7 September 2017
- An approach to Research, Development and Deployment of Advanced Structural Materials, CSIR Platinum Jubilee Lecture, CSIR National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur, 19 September 2017
- Interdisciplinary Measurements in a Spectrum of Applications Related to Frontier Technologies, Dr Biren Roy Memorial Lecture at National Conference on Emerging Trens in Aerospace Technology (AseT-2017) & 68th National AGM, Aeronautical Society of India, Tiruvananthapuram, 23rd September 2017
Interdisciplinary Measurements in a Spectrum of Applications Related to Frontier Technologies, Tata Steel Limited, Jamshedpur, 18 September 2017
- Address at the Roundtable Meet on 'Developing Country Specific Models for the Promotion of R&D via PPP Mode' at Panjab University, Chandigarh, 19th August 2017
- Valedictory address at the Annual Research Retreat of Doctoral Scholars and faculty at Jain University, Bangalore 13th August 2017
- Nuclear Energy in India, Conference on Future Energy Vision India-2017 (FEVI-2017) at Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (SVYASA), Bangalore, 8th August 2017
- Plenary Talk at the Two-Day Symposium on 11th National Frontiers of Engineering (NatFOE) at Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay, Mumbai, 30 June 2017 on Challenges and Opportunities for Energy Sustainability in India
- Address at 'Science Comm' 17 India: Simplifying Science for All", organized by SWISSNEX-India, Consulate General of Switzerland and NIAS on 30 June 2017
- Round table meeting of “Role of Space in India’s Foreign Policy”, organized by NIAS, Indian Research Space Organisation (ISRO) and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), NIAS, 1May 2017
- NIAS-DST National consultation meeting of “Social Technological Solutions for Major Water Challenges Facing India”, NIAS, 8 May 2017
- First Consultation Meeting on Archaeoastronomy, NIAS, 12 May 2017
- Valedictory Address at the National Welding Meet & Weld Tech Expo-2017 at MS Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore organized by The Indian Institute of Welding-Bangalore Branch on 13 May 2017
- Talent Search Program Workshop: Mentoring to Accelerate Individual Youth Achievement in Promoting Development of India’s Gifted Young. Organized by NIAS & Maiya Pradigy, NIAS, 19 May 2017
- Book Release Function “Decision Making and Modelling in Cognitive Science by Sisir Roy”, 30 May 2017
- Delivered a Perspective Address at the Inclusive Manufacturing Forum- 2017 organized by BRICS, Dept. of S&T, GoI, Indian Institute of Science, NIAS, Cranefield University, UK at National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru, 6 April 2017
- Delivered talk on “Quality for Inclusive Manufacturing” at the Inclusive Manufacturing Forum- 2017 organized by BRICS, Dept. of S&T, GoI, Indian Institute of Science, NIAS, Cranefield University, UK at National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru, 6 April 2017
Delivered a talk at the Two-Week NIAS-DST Training Programme on “Science Policy and General Management: Energy Security and Sustainable Development at NIAS, Bangalore, 6th February 2017
Title: Energy Foresights, Security and Sustainability
Delivered inaugural keynote address at the International Congress on Education and Public Welfare (ICEPW-2017) at Sathyabama University, Chennai, 9 February 2017
Title: Education, Science, Innovation and Technology: Policies for Wellbeing of India
Participated in the Panel and delivered a talk at the Discussion meeting on “Energy Transitions: The Global Challenges & Opportunities” at Jacaranda Hall, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, Organized by The Energy and Resources Institute(TERI) and Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), 13 February 2017
Title: Global Energy Transition
- Presentation to H.E. Sir Dominic Asquith KCMG, British High Commissioner about NIAS Accomplishments, 15 February 2017
- Chaired National Material Policy for Strategic & Critical Materials Committee meeting on 11 February 2016 at NIAS for to finalize implementation report to be submitted to Ministry of Defence, Government of India, Delhi
- Participated in the Council Meeting of Indian Statistical Institute of Kolkata, 18th February 2017 as Representative of Indian National Science Academy (INSA) at Kolkata
- Chaired Programme Advisory Committee (PAC) in the area of Materials & Engineering Sciences organized by Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology, GOI on 20th February 2017 at New Delhi
- Participated in the National Workshop on Indian Science & Technology Enterpreneurship Partnership (ISTEP)at New Delhi during 22-23 February 2017, organized by CSIR-National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies (NISTADS) & National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS)
- Chaired 151st Meeting of the National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) Prize Award Committee at National Research Development Corporation (NRDC), New Delhi during 24-25 February 2016
Prof. Baldev Raj has delivered a number of Lectures. The detailed list of lectures are available here.