NIAS conducts several residential courses every year as a part of its foundational mandate. These courses combine elements of research conducted internally by the faculty and larger issues identified in terms of their national and international significance. Their multidisciplinary character and an integrated approach to knowledge and information distinguish these courses. The courses aid the participants to acquire knowledge outside their fields of specialization and hence broaden their perspective which will enable them to become effective leaders and decision makers. The faculty for these courses include faculty from NIAS and researchers, scholars, leaders and policy makers from different parts of the country and occasionally from outside the country as well.
- D. Suba Chandran, "OBOR — Opportunities and Concerns", Daily Times, 18 May 2017
- Srikumar M Menon, "The hill of the 'dwarves'" Deccan Herald, 16 May 2017
- Sundar Sarukkai, "New technology and old religion", The Hindu, 12 May 2017
- D. Suba Chandran, "Fighting Taliban and the Islamic State", Daily Times, 11 May 2017
- Jayashree, V , " Water scarcity amidst plenty", India Water Portal, 9 May 2017
- D. Suba Chandran, "Indo-Pak Dialogue", Daily Times, 4 May 2017
Narendar Pani, "Siddaramaiah’s brand of sense and sensitivity in an election year," The Hindu, 16 March 2017
- R Srikanth, "Green calling: Forests from the mines" Deccan Chronicle, 20 February 2017
- Aparupa Bhattacherjee, "The Rohingya Insurgents: Myanmar Creates its own Frankenstein," The Diplomat, 9 February 2017
- D Suba Chandran, "An eyewash or a turning point?," The Hindu, 9 February 2017
- Mihika Basu, "Tipu’s lost paradise found" Bangalore Mirror, 21 January 2017
- Srikumar M Menon, "Beyond the tourist's Badami" Deccan Herald, 17 January 2017
- Shivanand Kanavi, "Shining the light on an era of darkness" rediff.com, 9 January 2017
- Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan and Baldev Raj, "Can energy equality improve India's human development index?" The Indian Economist, 11 December 2016
- D. Suba Chandran, "Pakistan’s Corridor of Uncertainty," The Hindu BusinessLine, 30 November 2016
- D. Suba Chandran, "Trump's Muddle East," The Friday Times, 25 November 2016
- Sundar Sarukkai, "The age of post-truth politics," The Hindu, 22 November 2016
- D. Suba Chandran, "Is America’s Trump, South Asia’s Loss?," The Friday Times, 18 November 2016
- Srikumar M Menon, " A fortress in the wilderness", Deccan Herald, 15 November 2016.
- R Srikanth and Baldev Raj, "Industrial smoke levels are rising rapidly. Does India have a combat plan?" The Indian Economist, 11 November 2016.
- R Srikanth and Baldev Raj, "Coal can choke your breath or light your house. What will India choose?," The Indian Economist, 10 November 2016.
- Subir Rana (2016) Review of the book "Walking a Tightrope: Defending Human Rights in China" by Gert Holmgaard Nielsen (Copenhagen: Nordic Institute of Asian Studies Press, 2014). newbooks.asia.
- MB Rajani, "Know about the study of past cultures", Deccan Herald, 20 October 2016
- "Copper smelting in state can trace its roots to 1st century BCE", Bangalore Mirror, 30 September 2016
- "Non-violent compellence play's to India's strength, Pak's weakness", Matrubhumi, 29 September 2016
- "Pak attacks on Indiacould increase in future", Deccan Chronicle, 29 September 2016
- Narendar Pani, "Fear and Identity Politics in Urban Spaces", The Hindu Business Line, 26 September 2016
- Sundar Sarukkai, "When a city dies", The Hindu, 21 September 2016
- Prakash Panneerselvam, "10 Years of Fighting Pirates in Asia", The Diplomat, 1 Sept 2016.
- D. Suba Chandran, "Healing Touch 2.0," The Hindu, 31 August 2016.
- Narendar Pani, "Boys get to be born in better hospitals", The Hindu Business Line, 24 August 2016
- Narendar Pani, "ಜಾಗತಿಕ ಹೂಡಿಕೆದಾರರಿಗಾಗಿ ದೇಶೀ ಹೂಡಿಕೆಯ ತ್ಯಾಗ", Prajavani, 18 August 2016
- Narendar Pani, "ತಳಮಟ್ಟದಲ್ಲಿ ಪರಿಣಾಮ ಬೀರದ ಆರ್ಥಿಕ ಸುಧಾರಣೆ", Prajavani, 19 August 2016
- D Suba Chandran, "IS in South Asia: Blessing in disguise?," The Friday Times, 19 Aug 2016
- Narendar Pani, "In India, sport is divorced from play", The Hindu Business Line, 22 July 2016
- Ranjani Govind, "Picture this, copy that," The Hindu, 3 August 2016 (Quotes Prof Sharada Srinivasan)
- "One Minute Interview," The Crucible, Historical Metallurgy Society News, Issue 91, (Interview with Prof Sharada Srinivasan)
- D. Suba Chandran, "China’s rise and opportunities for South Asia," The Friday Times, 29 July 2016
- "How Metallurgy is Helping Us Piece Together Our Past," The Intersection # 30, (Interview with Prof Sharada Srinivasan and Prof Baldev Raj)
- D. Suba Chandran, "Violence in the Valley," The Hindu Business Line, 15 July 2016
- TS Gopi Rethinaraj, "Why this fuss about NSG membership?", The Hindu Business Line, 8 July 2016
- D. Suba Chandran, "Return to the Durand Line," The Hindu, 7 July 2016
- Arun Vishwanathan, "Ready to Soar: Light Combat Aircraft Tejas is all set for IAF induction", First Post, 1 July 2016
- Rajani MB, "Remote sensing for archeological studies", Prajavani (Kannada), 27 June 2016
- Arun Vishwanathan, India's 'Atomic' Test, Eenadu (Telugu), June 24, 2016
- D. Suba Chandran, "Modi’s ‘new symphony’", The Friday Times, 24 June 2016
- Narendra Pani, "The permanence of temporary workers", The Hindu Business Line, 22 June 2016
- D. Suba Chandran, "The Rise of Think Tanks in India",IPCS, 21 June 2016
- Srikumar M Menon, Of temples and megaliths, Deccan Herald, 21 June 2016
- D. Suba Chandran, "Pakistan’s Panama Paradox," The Hindu Business Line, 27 May 2016
- Rajani MB, 'Archaeology goes hands-free,' The Indian Express, 30 May 2016
- D. Suba Chandran, "The shifting sands in Afghanistan," The Hindu, 24 May 2016
- D. Suba Chandran, "To buy or not to buy: F-16, Pak, US & India," The Tribune, 19 May 2016
- NIAS not only produces own power, feeds grid too, 10 May 2016.
- Srikumar Menon, "The land of forgotten temples", 10 May 2016.
- Sanjal Shastri, "The Brussels Ultimatum," Mainstream, 23 April 2016.
- Kuhan Madan, "India's Pluralistic Islam Under Siege," Diplomat, 29 April 2016.
- Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan and Manmeet Singh (2016) Undimmed: Nurturing Indian solar-power technology within the strictures of the WTO The Caravan.
- Sanket Sudhir Kulkarni, Myanmar undergoing an exciting phase: An Indian travellers' impression: Institute for Defence studies and Analysis
- Tech sets up archeological efforts to find hidden remains: Bangalore Mirror, 23 April 2016
- Sreedhar Vijayakrishnan's writes about the recent issue on banning elephant processions: Mathrubhumi, 16 April 2016
- Translating Ashokamitran's words- and his silences: Times of India 6 April 2016
- The powerful pachyderm: Deccan Herald, 5 April 2016
- Loopholes in the Taj Mahal, Domes not the same: Jagran, 3 April 2016
- Found: a 'flaw' in the Taj- Dome not perfectly symmetrical, say scientists: Telegraph, 27 March 2016
- Taj is not symmetrical, discover city researchers: Bangalore Mirror, 25 March 2016
- Vital seed dispersers: Deccan Herald, 01 Mar 2016
- Reports of the Indo-French Workshop at NIAS: Deccan Herald, The Times of India, 25 Feb 2016
- IPL Lessons by Prof. D.Suba Chandran, Dawn, 19 Feb 2016
- We are like this only by Prof. D.Suba Chandran in Business Line, 17 Feb 2016
- ಕಾರ್ಮೋಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೊಸ ಕೈಗಾರಿಕಾ ನೀತಿಯ ಬೆಳ್ಳಿಗೆರೆ: ಪ್ರೊ.ನರೇಂದ್ರ ಪಾಣಿ in Prajavani, 17 Feb 2016
- Who will succeed Raheel Sharif as the next chief of Pak army? by Arun Vishwanathan in The Pioneer, 13 Feb 2016
- International monitoring of North Korea’s 2016 nuclear test: E-International Relations, 5 Feb 2016
- Why India should be worried: Deccan Herald, 5 Feb 2016
- Ill- effects of provisioning, Deccan Herald 2 Feb 2016
- Feeding macaques affects forests, The Hindu 18 Jan 2016
- Dr. Arun Vishwanathan writes in Maharashtra Times, 17 Jan 2016
- Policy alert: rising powers respond to North Korean hydrogen bomb test, 15 Jan 2016
- Fed bread and biscuits, monkeys are eating less fruit: The Times of India, 12 Jan 2016
- Rhesus macaques prefer large fruits: Bangalore Mirror, 12 Jan 2016
- The logic of North Korea's nuclear ambitions - Council on foreign relations, 12 Jan 2016
- No radiation from N. Korea’s test yet detected in China, ROK, 12 Jan 2016
- Nature India partners with NIAS, 16 December 2015
ಜಾಗತೀಕರಣದಿಂದ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿದ ಸ್ವಜಾತಿ ಮದುವೆ: In Prajavani, 17 December 2015
Implement madarsa modernisation programme, Centre urged: in Deccan Herald, 7 December 2015
India is the best example of religious tolerance: Dalai Lama in The Hindu, 7 December 2015
Tolerance is areligious, says Dalai Lama in The Times Group, 7 December 2015
ಟಿಬೆಟ್ ಧರ್ಮಗುರುವಿಗೆ ಫೆಲೋಶಿಪ್ in Vijaya Karnataka, 7th December 2015
Karnad apologises for his statements in The Hindu, 12 November 2015
Interview of Prof. BV Sreekantan in the Frontline, August 2015
- NIF, NIAS ink pact to support grassroots innovators, Deccan Herald, 18 June 2015
- When God becomes a pest: What happens when a deity threatens your livelihood presented by Matt Walker BBC Earth, 28 May 2015
- Convocation address by Dr. Baldev Raj Christ University, Bangalore, 21 May 2015
- B. V. Sreekantan: A versatile and humane scientist by P C Agarwal.Current Science 10 May 2015
- Prof Settar honoured with Masti Award, The Hindu, 4 May 2015
- Excerpts from the conversation between Shri Shivanand Kanavi, Adjunct Faculty, NIAS and Dr Baldev Raj.Prajavani, 12 April 2015.
- Excerpts from the conversation between Shri Shivanand Kanavi, Adjunct Faculty, NIAS and Dr Baldev Raj Business India: The Magazine of the Corporate World, 27 April - 10 May 2015
- National seminar on methodological aspects of knowledge production in pre-modern India, Centre for Contemporary Studies, IISc, Decennial Celebration, 24-26 January 2015
- 'Private sector needs to spend more on R&D', Times of India, Jaipur Edition,16 December2014
- The next growth story: Experts predict what 2015 entails for Indian Manufacturers.Manufacturing Today, December 2014.
- Interaction with Dr.Baldev Raj, Director, NIAS, IGC Newsletter 101, July 2014
- 1 of 25