Dr. Jeebanlata Salam did her Ph.D from the Centre for the Study of Social Systems, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Prior to joining NIAS, Dr. Salam taught Sociology at the University of Delhi.
Her main research interest includes Sociology of Education, Social Exclusion, Education Policies, Vocational & Skill Education, Studies in Ethnicity, Conflict, Violence and Human Rights Issues etc.
Salam, Jeebanlata . 2015. “Insurgency and Everyday Violence in Northeast India : The Education Challenge”. New Leam. http://eprints.nias.res.in/1045/.
Salam, Jeebanlata . 2014. “Theft, Corruption and Parental School Choice in Manipur ”. Economic and Political Weekly 49(12).
Salam, Jeebanlata . 2007. “Millennium Development Goal and the Education Challenge ”. Social Action, A Social Trust Publication. Indian Social Institute 57(2).
Salam, Jeebanlata . 2004. “Education Policies and Praxis: A Reference to Free and Compulsory Education Bill”. Legal News and Views, Indian Social Institute.
Salam, Jeebanlata . 2004. “The UPA Government and Challenges”. Subaltern, Indian Social Institute.
Salam, Jeebanlata . 2004. “Women and Domestic Violence: Human Rights Perspectives”. Women’s link 10(4).
Salam, Jeebanlata . 2004. “Women of Manipur Protest Against Black Laws”. Women’s Link 10(4).
Salam, Jeebanlata . 2004. “Women and Violence: A Miniscule Experience at World Social Forum, Mumbai ”. Women’s Link 10(2).
- Sociology of Education and
- Research Methodology
- Currently heading the reaserch project on Emerging Concerns in Vocational and Higher Education.
- Associated projects are Gifted Education Programme and Women in the Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Everyday Violence and Right to Education, NUEPA, New Delhi
- Violence against Women in North East India, ISI, New Delhi
- State, Society and Educational Institutions , NIAS
- Violence , Schooling and Mediating Institutions, JNU, New Delhi